The Club is now open again but the club facilities are only available under restricted arrangements.
This is in compliance with the Government’s requirements to protect against the spread of COVID 19.
See the Committee’s update below for details
Preparing to Restart Squash and Racketball (again) The good news is that the UK Government has announced that indoor sports including squash and racketball can restart in England from 12th April provided that a Covid-19 Secure Plan is in place to minimise the risk of infection by limiting contact between players and maintaining distancing. The planned England Squash route back to full squash is also attached at the end of this email. Hopefully we will be back to full club activities on the 21st June.
Under the current re-opening arrangements;
- The main entrance will be kept locked and so a key will be required for entry
- All courts must be booked online before entering the building
- Court booking times will be staggered with gaps between playing sessions
- Hand sanitisers and wipes should be used before entering and after leaving the court
- Showers and changing facilities should not be used. Come dressed to play. The upstairs viewing gallery will be closed
Chantry Squash & Racketball Club is part of the Bishop’s Stortford Sports Trust. We have two well maintained courts that are always available for members, changing and showering facilities for both male and female members, and also a viewing area. We welcome players of all standards and all ages, and we pride ourselves on our family club approach. Its a great place for social squash and racketball with both mens and ladies leagues.
Bishop’s Stortford Sports Trust also consists of Bishop’s Stortford Cricket, Hockey and Tennis Clubs. All clubs are located at the same site and share the Charles Edwards Pavilion, which has a stunning view over the cricket pitch.
The Pavilion, overlooking the cricket ground, is the location for social events held throughout the year. These include quizzes, barbecues and discos.