Back to Squash and Racketball; Latest Update
Following the removal of legal Covid restrictions on how squash and racketball is played and how clubs operate from 19thJuly 2021, England Squash have replaced their guidance with advice which recognises that the virus is still prevalent and that individual responsibility for keeping safe is with the players and members.
We are now free to play full-court squash and racketball and conduct coaching without restriction and there are no longer limits on the number of people in the clubhouse. However, in view of the high number of Covid cases we will maintain the hygiene protocols that have been established and we encourage members to remain socially distanced off-court and not to overcrowd the corridor, changing rooms or viewing area.
The advice is therefore please;
· Wash / sanitise your hands before entering and on leaving the courts
· Don’t wipe your hands on the wall
· Keep the court windows open to improve ventilation
· Maintain social distancing off-court and in the changing rooms
· Don’t enter the clubhouse if you have Covid symptoms or are self-isolating
The QR Code poster will remain for those who wish to check in using the NHS Covid app and we encourage members to continue using the online booking system to book courts. The booking times will revert to 45 minute parallel sessions from 26th July 2021.
Enjoy your squash and racketball and your post-game refreshments.
The Squash Committee